India Pics

In 2005, during my senior year at univerity, I went on a pilgrimage to India to attend the Dalai Lama's spring teachings with my good friend, Charlie Meers. These are pictures from that trip.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Throughout the day many people would walk around the Dalai Lama's house chanting "Om Mani Padme Hum."  This was one of the greatest paths I've ever walked. The crows were circling overhead. I took that walk a hundred times I think.





Butter sculptures



These are monks making brooms at the Karmapa's monastary. 











vegetarian propaganda. There was lots of this in Dharamsala. Charlie and I went to a special video and talk one night inside the temple about vegetarianism. The Dalai Lama suggests it. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Internal Movements said...

These pictures all look like they have such amazing stories to tell.

I wish I could hear them all.

They're lovely and im glad you shared.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home